Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blogger has been crap the last couple of days

Well blogger has been crap since they started their new format this month, but the last three days have been worse.

The last three days the schedule post function had not been working. Blogs are not posting on the date/time I've set up and I've had to manually post them.

Also a couple of times, like now, I've signed into blogger and it will say I'm not following anyone, when actually I am. I know I am since I can see the list of those blogger users I'm following, but nothing they post shows. I can 'click' their name and see what they post, or refresh the page a few times (in a row) and then all the posting will appear that everyone had done.

What's funny in a way is since the new format started the top of blogger everyday says "Some parts of Blogger will not work and you may experience problems." Pretty sad in the 21st century tech world when a company changes their format/layout/etc and tells you everyday that they may not work correctly. It's like hello maybe you shouldn't have changed anything.

Since the scheduled post feature isn't working, I may have to alter the my use of blogger. I always have posts ready a couple of weeks ahead of time so photos appear at different times of the day. If the featuer doesn't start working correctly soon, I may have to just make one post a day or just leave blogger all together.

I use more then one computer so since blogger is a problem on both, I know it's not me but them.

But Blogger is no different from any other hosting site, they all have issues at times, so we have to deal with it go just go back to a work of paper and pencil, talking on the phone, or (gasp) visiting people in person...lol

1 comment:

  1. I have not switched to the new format. I'm happy with the old. Have had no problems like the ones you point out.

    ReplyDelete